Merikasarmi, PO Box 176, 00023 Government, Finland
tel: +358 295 350 000
Contact information | How to find the Ministry

Residence permits to Finland

If you want to stay in Finland for a longer period than three months, you need a residence permit. Nationals of an EU member state, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland do not need a residence permit to come to Finland. You can freely stay and work in Finland for no longer than three months. In case your stay exceeds three months, you need to register your right of residence. For registration, a visit to a police service point is required.

Residence permits
Go to a Finnish mission abroad to apply for your first residence permit to Finland. Picture: The Finnish Immigration Service

Apply your first residence permit in person at the mission of Finland in the country where you have a legal residence. Residence permit applications are processed by the Finnish Immigration Service.

For more information about residence permits, visit their website at:

Processing fees:

This document

Also in this site

Other Foreign Service websites

Related websites

Content administrator Unit for Passports and Visas

Updated 5/13/2015

Takaisin ylös