Foreign nationals arriving in Finland
Foreign nationals’ entry into and residence in Finland is subject to the provisions of the Finnish Aliens Act and the Schengen Acquis.
As a rule, foreign nationals who require an entry visa are requested to apply for one from the diplomatic mission that represents Finland in their home country.
Please send your general enquiries by email
General enquiries concerning travel documents accepted by Finland and visa issues should be addressed by email to the Passport and Visa Unit of the Ministry for Foreign Affairs. Enquiries about the progress of visa applications or about the application procedure itself should be made directly to the Finnish mission processing the matter.
- e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finnish missions abroad by country
Also in this site
Other Foreign Service websites
- The Schengen area and cooperation (European Union)
- EU Immigration Portal (European commission)
- Aliens Act (Finlex)
- Aliens Act (text pdf, Finlex)
- Finnish Immigration Service
- Immigration Issues in Finland: Division of tasks (Finnish Immigration Service)
- Permits and licences for foreigners (Website of Police)
- Foreigners working in Finland (Ministry of Employment and the Economy)
Content administrator The Passport and Visa Unit