Team Finland means cooperation and more efficient use of resources, for the benefit of Finland and Finnish companies. The goal is to make Finland a forerunner in a changing global environment.
The core of the Team Finland network consists of the Prime Minister’s Office, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Employment and the Economy, and the Ministry of Education and Culture as well as the organisations under their direction at home and abroad. The work is carried out in close cooperation with many actors in the spheres of business and industry, culture and education. Team Finland is a proactive network that operates with agility and quality. team.finland.fi.
The Foreign Ministry as a Team Finland actor
The Foreign Ministry serves among others in the following sectors of Team Finland’s activities:
The Department for External Economic Relations is responsible for the following matters:
- Services supporting the internationalisation of enterprises
- Promotion of exports: Market Access Unit
- Support for investment outside Finland: Trade Policy Unit
- Influencing the operating environment abroad
- Market access issues, barriers to trade: Market Access Unit
- Trade agreements, the WTO: Trade Policy Unit
The Department for Communication and Culture is responsible for the following matters:
- Coordination of work for Finland’s brand abroad, the Secretariat of the Finland Promotion Board. Contact person: Timo Heino, Head of Unit, e-mail: email@example.com.
- Support for the export of culture as part of the public diplomacy programmes at Finland’s diplomatic missions. Contact person: Counsellor Outi Hakanen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Team Finland website and social media channels. Contact person: Counsellor Ville Cantell, e-mail: email@example.com.
The global network of Team Finland actors consists of more than 70 local teams. Each local team gathers together the Finnish authorities, publicly funded organisations, and other central actors representing Finland in the particular region. A working programme and a coordinator, who has information on the network’s local activities and services, is defined for each team. The global network hinges largely on Finland’s network of diplomatic missions.
Our contact persons
The Foreign Ministry’s contact person coordinating the entire Team Finland network is Counsellor of Foreign Affairs Eero Suominen, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.