Travel documents, 11/3/2016
Russian Federation: travel documents to Finland
(valid until further notice)
- Visa required to Schengen area and Finland
- Diplomatic passport: visa free to Schengen area and Finland (*)
Travel documents accepted by Finnish authorities
- Ordinary passport (*)
- Diplomatic passport (*)
- Service passport / Official duty passport
- Repatriation Certificate
- Travel Document for refugees (1951 Geneva convention)
- Seaman's book (on duty)
- (*) Passports issued by Federal Migration Service offices to residents of Crimea or Sevastopol after 18 March 2014, when Russia has illegally annexed them, (indication: 5-digit FMS office identification number starts with the codes 90, 91 or 92) are not recognised unless the holder was a Russian citizen before the annexation. Russian passports issued by Russian missions in the break-away Regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia, belonging to Georgia according the international law, are also not recognised.
Visa facilitation agreements
Agreement between the European Community and the Russian Federation on the facilitation of the issuance of visas to the citizens of the European Union and the Russian Federation (Official Journal of the European Union, 17 May 2007, Nr. L 129/27)
An agreement between the European Community and the Russian Federation has been in force from 1 June 2007.